Call for Applications for the Editor of Journal of Economic Issues
AFEE is in the process of selecting an editor for the JEI to replace Chris Brown.
- A commitment to, and comprehension of, (original) institutional economics.
- A record of research and publication in institutional economics sufficient to have earned tenure.
- Strong managerial skills and an ability to work with diverse people and points of view.
- Demonstrated time to devote to the editor’s position, including release time.
- Financial support for the office expenses and some of the costs of paying the production editor (encouraged, but not required).
Timetable for Search
- September 11, 2017: Review of applications begins. All application materials should be submitted by this date for full consideration, although we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
- March 1, 2018: New editor begins to work with Chris Brown on the transition.
- July 1, 2018: New editor begins three-year term.
- A letter of application indicating the candidate’s interest and qualifications. Include a brief statement of managerial and editorial strategy and vision for the future of the JEI.
- A detailed vita.
- Three to five letters of support from scholars familiar with the candidate’s research, administrative ability, and professional background in general.
- A preliminary statement from an appropriate administrator of the candidate’s employer indicating the level of financial support and release time.
Applications should be submitted to Eric Hake, AFEE Secretary/Treasurer, at
Please contact AFEE President Geoff Schneider with inquiries and suggestions at